Helping you develop your God-given gifts and passions.
Abraham & Deborah Lara
Our heart is to develop you into a healthy, mature, Spirit-filled Christ follower who is commited to introducing people to Jesus.
We will continually encourage (and sometimes challenge) you by asking:
- How is Jesus asking you to deny yourself to become a better disciple?
- What is Jesus asking you to start doing to reflect him better?
- How/Where is Jesus asking you to follow him next?
Are you ready to be more than a believer, and become an actual Christ-follower?
read more of Pastor Abe and Deb's bio
Abraham grew up as a preacher’s kid. Deborah was born into a Christian commune. They were taught that Jesus said to, “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel.” (Mark 16:15) They took it personally.
- Combined they’ve been on 12 missions trips to 8 countries on 5 continents.
- Youth/Associate Pastors for 9 years
- Cru Missionaries serving with FamilyLife for 6.5 years
- They serve in every local church they are a part of in various roles (nursery, children’s ministry, youth ministry, small groups, production, worship, drama, Bible quiz, community service, marriage ministry, engaged couples, parents of teens, preaching)
They never questioned if God was calling them to be involved in ministry. It’s always been a question of where, what, and how.
As a couple, it is their mission, “to creatively communicate the gospel to the next generation.”
Whether that’s through audio or visual media, drama, public speaking, or personal relationships they live their lives to show others how a life rooted in Christ is a fun adventure.
Together, they want to be an example of what a healthy marriage and family can be. They live their lives in such a way that they can say, “follow us as we follow Christ.”
They went to college, met, and fell in love in the Seattle area. They are excited to be back in the Yakima Valley where their story first began and to reach the people and community they love so much.
Have a question, an idea, or just need to talk with someone?
Clicking on one of the buttons will allow you to pick a time that works best with your calendar. (You’ll have the choice to talk via phone, Zoom, or in person.)
back row: Abraham, Rachel, Julia, Danielle, Sarah, Anna
front row: Naomi, Deborah
Associate Pastor of Spiritual Formation & Community Group Leader
Community Group Leader
Jason & Catherine Babcock
Youth Ministry Leaders
Children's Ministry Leader
Special Events Co-Leader
Special Events Co-Leader & Janitorial Services
Lead Donation Teller